This is the world's best dressing to use with blanched fresh veggies.
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Melt the butter and add the soy sauce and vinegar. Stir together. Pour over veggies.
Note: This dressing will appeal to kiddos who aren't veggie fans.
1.5 pounds small red potatoes, boiled until soft
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (or more!) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Pieces
3 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Mash the potatoes with a spoon or masher (I like them chunky and add the sour cream, cheese, and butter. Mix well. Add the bacon pieces and green onions and lightly mix. Add the amount of salt and pepper that suites you.
These potatoes go well with brisket or grilled chicken.
Vodka Laced Penne
½ pound mild Italian sausage
1 Tbl. butter
Splash of olive oil
2 plump shallots, diced
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
28 oz can diced Italian tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. dried basil
½ pound mini penne pasta
¼ cup vodka
1 Tbl. Butter
1 cup baby peas
Salt & Pepper
1 — Cook sausage in skillet until crumbled and no pink remains, drain on paper towel.
2 — Start a large pot of lightly salted water.
3 — Place a deep skillet or sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add butter and olive oil and a bit of salt with the onion. Sauté until onion is soft and just beginning to caramelize, add garlic and cook for a minute or two longer.
4 — Add tomatoes with their juice, cooked sausage, oregano, and basil to skillet. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5 — Add pasta to boiling water and cook per package directions. Drain pasta, add back to pot with salt and pepper to taste. Add vodka and butter, gently mixing until butter has melted.
6 — Add pasta to tomato/sausage mixture, gently mix in peas, adjust salt and pepper if needed.
7 — Serve in a warmed pasta bowl and grate Pecorino Romano over the top.
Decadent Chocolate Pie
1) With a hand mixer, stir together 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar and one 8 oz. block of softened cream cheese.
2) In the microwave, melt 1/3 cup half and half with a 12 oz bag of dark, sweetened chocolate chips for 45-70 minutes, stir well to mix.
3) Stir chocolate ganache into the cream cheese, saving a bit for the topping decoration.
4) Mix in one 8 oz tub of Cool Whip using the slow speed on the hand mixer.
5) Once combined, pour the mixture into a graham cracker crust and decorate the top with the remaining ganache.
6) Refrigerate. May be frozen-take out one hour before serving.
Do not make this dessert if you to not love chocolate!!